Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Lace in Paradise


As I get older, I realize the importance of taking time for myself. Last year I took a trip to Puerto Rico with my cousin, and I realized on that trip that this island is now my favorite place to be. With the exception of being home, of course! Waking up to hearing the ocean, walking outside to the smell of fresh air, and falling asleep to the call of the Coqui frog will always bring a smile to my face. Both times on the island I was welcomed by the people and treated so kindly. It's refreshing to be in a place where the people are so genuinely sweet and love to share their country with you! 

I use my time on the island soak in the experience and meditate on where my life is. The time allows me think deeply and clearly about all my blessings and is a huge reminder of what I need to be grateful for. I have a tendency to be very consumed with work and focus solely on my personal goals. So, taking a few days to myself to decompress and just enjoy life will now be something I move up on my priority list! 

Although it is a long journey to get to my paradise, the experience is well worth it. 


Courtney
 


Maxi Dress: Forever21+ (Available In-Store)//Swimsuit: Swimsuitsforall//LipStain: NYX Liquid Suede //Pearl Earrings: Gift (similar here



Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.