Wednesday, October 31, 2018

All Striped Down

Bodysuit: Forever21+//Pants: Fashion Nova//Handbag: JustFab //Sandals: Sam Edelman
Sunnies: Amazon//Watch: Michael Kors//Earrings: Banana Republic 

Okay, when I first saw these pants my honest opinion was "Where am I going to wear these!?" These pants were given to me by a  good friend because she didn't like the way they fit her. I thought to myself "If they don't fit you they're definitely not going to fit me!' But after a few minutes of peer pressure I decided to try them on and to my surprise they fit! The beautiful thing about vertical stripes is that they are incredibly slimming. I don't typically have an issue wearing stripes at all, whether they are horizontal or vertical, but I will say that vertical stripes do work in your favor. 

Here's what I learned about this situation. Try not to make assumptions about how you think something will fit. When I looked at these pants I was not initially a fan. It was almost as if I was looking for a reason not to wear them because they're not a piece I would normally be drawn to. I stepped outside of my comfort zone and voila! Look what happened. I found a pair of pants that I absolutely love. Actually, I can't wait to wear them again! 

Next time you go shopping consider trying something you wouldn't normally wear. I often scroll through Pinterest and Instagram looking for inspiration from fellow style influencers. I also go into shops and boutiques I would normally never go into. I found that this gives me inspiration to try something new. Most of the time I end up finding a gem! 
 photo Courtney_zpsa7ea05a2.png

1 comment

  1. Those pants look incredible on you. Love the second pic. X X x

    ReplyDelete

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.