Thursday, May 4, 2017

Gone Gingham

Top: Banana Republic//Jeans: Old Navy//Handbag: JustFab//Sandals: JS by Jessica Simpson//Sunnies: Free People//Earrings: Loren Hope//Watch: Michael Kors//Necklace: Old 

When I first started seeing pieces in gingham I was a little cautious. I thought to myself, "Could this work for me?" Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of gingham and was happy to see one amazingly cute gingham dress after the next!  But for some reason I just couldn't find anything that worked for me. So I looked and browsed until I finally came across this super cute off-the-shoulder top at Banana Republic. BTW, Banana Republic has been my go-to whenever I need to find something that’s classy and super stylish.

At first sight I wasn't too sure about this top. I mean, I was dying to find something in  gingham, but I was still struggling with the whole idea. There I stood in the dressing room, posing back and forth trying to picture how I could make this work. Prints can be very tricky. There’s always the problem of going too far and wearing too much of one print. Then there’s the option of pairing it with another more subtle print. Because I wanted to make sure this gingham top gets the spotlight, I decided to pair it with a solid color. Viola! Gingham gets center stage and the outfit ends up looking bold and balanced!

If you’re thinking about adding prints to your wardrobe, put some thought into what you’re trying to showcase. Is it a single part of the look or the whole look itself? Think about the accessories you might add and how they’ll accent your outfit. Remember, subtlety is key when working with something as lively as prints.

Gingham can most definitely be a tricky animal, but with the right amount of care and planning it can really take your wardrobe to the next level!

Courtney 


Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.