Thursday, September 1, 2016

Lead with your Heart

There once was a time when I had a conversation with someone close to me about doing an internal check on where your heart is. It was a reminder to think about those around you. A reminder to think about what you have and ask yourself "What can you do to help someone in need?". It doesn't have to be over-the-top and extravagant; but meaningful and have a effect on someone or something

Every year for my birthday, I do a Birthday Good Deed. Now, I preface this by saying I try to doing something nice for someone or something whenever I can. However, as birthday gift to myself I do something on the day for someone else. Now, this year I was out of town on my actual birthday so it was the day after. 

I saw a man laying on the ground as I drove to a morning class. When I saw him he looked like he had not eaten or drank anything in days. I pulled my car over, got out and asked him if he was hungry. There was a sandwich place close, so I thought I could get him a big fat sandwich! All he wanted was a Coke. When I asked if he was sure, he said yes. So, I walked over to the 7-11 and bought him two 20oz Cokes and a 32oz water. When I gave him the drinks he said thank you and was satisfied. I also gave him a five dollar bill to hopefully get something to eat later. And, however he chooses to use the money is his decision. It is not my place to tell a person how to use money when I am willing to give it blindly. Once I passed him the drinks and five dollar bill, I got in my car and drove off. It was a very fast interaction. 

I write all of this to say, think about where you are in your life. There is always someone who has it worse. And, there is always a way to lend a helping hand or be a shinning light. Always try to lead with your heart. 
 photo Courtney_zpsa7ea05a2.png




Top: Banana Republic //Jeans: Old Navy//Sandals: Calvin Klein//Sunglasses: QuayAustralia//Earrings: Similar HERE//Handbag: JustFab
Photos Taken By: Lemon Heart Photography

Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.