Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Sloppy Chic

Coat: JustFab//T-Shirt: Old//Belt: Gucci//Jeans: Old Navy// Loafers: Sam Edelman
Handbag: Amazon//Bag Strap: Jackie Robbins Leather//Sunnies: Amazon//Watch: Michael Kors

Four out of five days of the work week I dress professionally. On Fridays I try to dress somewhat casual so on the weekends I try to make it as casual as I can. However, dressing casual or what I like to call "sloppy chic" doesn't typically work out for me. I've always been envious of women who can wear baggy jeans or loose-fitting overalls and make it look so cute. I have wider hips and a bigger butt so sometimes wearing loose-fitting or baggy clothes can make me look bigger than I actually am...which I don't want!

I see so many women dressed casually in loose-fitting distressed jeans and t-shirts and they make it look so good. I'm never able to escape the feeling of the frump. I feel like when I try to dress casually I always end up adding a touch of glam. I guess it's so much a part of who I am that there's no way for me to escape it! LOL.

This weekend I looked through my closet for something as simple as a t-shirt and jeans...which I love on weekends...and even when I try my hardest I end up with a t-shirt that says "GLAM" in gold glitter. So at this point I ask myself, "Why not?".  I pulled out my faux fur leopard coat from JustFab and said "here we go" for the day. I meandered my way through the weekend and was very happy about it! I looked at myself in the mirror and said, "Yes, this is what I want to look like!". I guess this means I have to let myself be who I am and embrace all of the Glam!

Here are some tips for achieving your best "slouchy chic" look. 
  1. Find your most comfortable pant.
  2. Pair it with your favorite comfy top.
  3. Put on a piece of statement jewelry, sunnies, or shoes. 
  4. Rock the look! 
 photo Courtney_zpsa7ea05a2.png


Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.