Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SoCal Winter

As a native Southern California girl I never grew with different seasons, so dressing for winter has never been a concern. Once I moved to San Francisco for college and discovered that there is a world beyond 75 degrees in January, I fell in love with winter! And its clothes!

This past weekend I was down in San Diego visiting friends and family. As I packed for the weekend, I found myself in a dilemma. Should I pack for 75-80 degree weather, which meant maxi dresses and jumpers?  Or should I dress for winter, which meant jackets and boots. I decided to meet myself in the middle. Since I have a love for winter fashion, but have no real need for it here in southern California; I packed dark jeans, a thin but bulky sweater, thin polyester tops, boots and booties. I figured that if I was going to attempt to live in both worlds, I needed to do it in layers. I have loved the “legging look” this winter, so going home to San Diego was a perfect chance to wear my new leggings by yummie tummie by Heather Thomson.

TopH&M/ Chiffon Blouse
Watch: Micheal Kors
Booties: Report (old) 

My trip home to see my family and friends was great, as expected. We eat plenty of Mexican food (which is the BEST in San Diego), and danced the night away! It’s always nice to come home and see the people you love. 

Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.