Friday, July 25, 2014

Plaza Theatre

Happy Friday!!!

During my recent vacation I took some time to go visit my family in Texas. I come from a very very big family and my father’s oldest sister lives in El Paso. Each year we take time to come together for three days and catch up. As always, it was a lot of fun!

This year I took advantage of some free time and some new scenery. The Plaza Theatre is an El Paso landmark in downtown. The Plaza Theatre been open since 1930 and shows productions ranging from Broadway plays to musical concerts. It still has its original vibe and made a perfect backdrop for my impromptu photo shoot!

As the Simple Glamazon, I have to make sure I am finding pieces that fit into my budget. Sometimes I have to take a different approach to finding what I want. I had been eyeing a few midi skirts, but I was having trouble finding what I wanted. So, in true Simple Glamazon fashion, I made a pattern and I made one myself! I like to fancy myself a closet DIY-er! The midi skirt has a 50s vintage feel to it, so the Plaza Theatre was the perfect backdrop to showcase the new skirt. I am very happy with how the skirt turned out!

What do you do when you are looking for something and you can’t find it? 








Rope Necklace: Old
Cross Necklace: Old
Glasses Necklace: Forever21 (Old)
Sunglasses: Betsey Johnson
Watch: Michael Kors
Clutch: DIY

Skirt: DIY

Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.