Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Summertime Sweater

Shorts: Old Navy//Sweater: BP. Nordstrom//Sandals: //Sunnies: Le Specs//Bag: Jackie Robbins Leather + Jewelry // Earrings: BaubleBar

Even though it's almost 100 degrees outside I still decided to put on a sweater today. I knew I would be up early going to church, then  to brunch with my girlfriends, and ending the day at the Skirball Center for the Jim Henson exhibit.

Since museums and churches are always cold I knew a sweater would be a good choice. I bought this sweater from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I purposely bought it two sizes too big. In Southern California it's always hot and rarely necessary to wear sweaters, so I figured having a sweater that was off the shoulder would be the most effective. I mean a sweater in LA is purely for style and not function. 

I decided to pair it with an old pair of shorts from Old Navy, a pair of fabulous statement earrings from BaubleBar, and my new sunnies from Le Specs, which I also bought at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.

Here's the thing about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. A lot of people think they're getting regular items on sale, but in reality what you're getting the upcoming fall season at a 30%- 40% discount. Ideally this would be perfect for fall but we all know that Southern California doesn't have a true fall season. We have not so hot, kind of hot, and super hot!

I also purchased the same sweater in a really pretty yellow, and I'm hoping I get to wear them both throughout summer and into fall. If I decide to not wear them off-the-shoulder then I can easily put a lace camisole underneath.  Plus, I don't need everybody see my bra!
 photo Courtney_zpsa7ea05a2.png


Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.