Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Paris Mon Rêve



If you had been following my social media over the last week of August, then you must know that I was in Europe for my birthday! Or you may have read about it in this post.

My cousin and I  took a 10 day adventure to Paris, Belgium and Amsterdam. And when I say adventure, I mean ADVENTURE! For a moment I thought my cousin tried to kill me...death by walking in humidity.There was so much to see in all three cities that I am still constantly thinking about when I can plan my next trip back!

In order to make the trip cost effective we both looked for ways to fly as inexpensive as possible. We searched on sites like Expedia and Justfly, and ultimately we both ended up using flight points we had earned from our credit cards. When it come to accommodations, we were able to stay at friend of my cousin's while they were on vacation too. Accommodations in Paris at no cost? YES PLEASE!! 

So we were off! When each of us landed we met up, settled in, and then hit the streets! The first night we had a nice dinner at a restaurant close to the apartment. It was great to relax from traveling and soak it all in. We sat outside, drank wine, talked with locals and had amazing food.


The second day was when the real trip began! Over the next few days we went to the Arc de TriompheChamps-ÉlyséesPalace of Versailles, took a boat cruise on the Seine River, toured The Louvre, walked up to and walked through the Sacré-Cœur, walked passed the Moulin Rouge, went to the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, and my favorite, the Dior exhibit at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs! Talk about a collection. My mind was blown by all of the beautiful dresses, shoes, and jackets I saw. It was truley...breathtaking. Also, reading about Christian Dior and his life was so interesting. Looking beyond the fashion to understand the man makes all the amazing designs so much more meaningful. 





While in Paris we ate at some great restaurants too. I don't remember having a bad meal at all. And I must say that I literally had 'Rosé All Day' everyday! There was something about being in Paris that made me feel like I had to have a glass of Rosé in my hand whenever I was sitting at a dinner table! 


Here is a list of the Restaurants we ate at while in Paris
I definitely feel like I could have spent another 10 days in Paris because there was so much to see. Now I have a reason to go back! Next time I plan on taking time to really soak it all in and make myself a part of the city.

XX
Courtney 

Post a Comment

© The Simple Glamazon. Design by FCD.